Executive Board 2017–2019
Roia Rafieyan, MA, MT-BC
Amanda Zorzi, MT-BC
Katerina Christodoulou, MT-BC
Music Therapy Clinician Team
Roia Rafieyan and Ellen de Havilland
Barbara Giaquinto, MT-BC
Connecting you with the Music Therapy Community in New Jersey.
For more information about Music Therapy, please contact the NJAMT.
The Aaron Copeland Partnership Award is given to an individual or individuals for support and advocacy of the profession of music therapy.
Aaron Copeland received music therapy services at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in East Orange, NJ prior to his death in 1998. He was an outspoken advocate of music therapy. This award is presented yearly in his memory to recognize individuals who embody his support of music therapy.
Download the Bylaws of New Jersey Association for Music Therapy
One of the many benefits of membership in NJAMT is free and reduced rate registration fees to
Previous workshop topics have been:
- Ethical Considerations in Self-Care for Music Therapists: From Principles to Practice, with Angela Guerriero, MT-BC and Gregory Perkins, MT-BC
- The Healing Power of Vocal Psychotherapy, with Dr. Diane Austin DA, ACMT, LCAT
- Conscious Drumming: Drumming from the Heart. with Jim Borling, MM, MT-BC, FAMI
- Advocacy Skills for Today’s Music Therapist, with Melissa Santiago, MS, MT-BC, CCLS
Paula Unsal, MM, MA, MT-BC
- Implications and Applications of
Hip HopCulture in Music Therapy, with Michael Viega, PhD, MC-BC, FAMI
- Strategies for Coping with Secondary Stress in Creative Arts Therapies; with Kelly Meashey MMT, MT-BC, FAMI, LCAT
- Using the Creative Arts Therapies in Wellness and Recovery with Bill Burns-Lynch, MA, CPRP
- Supervision for Survival with Janice Dvorkin, MT-BC
- Clinical Improvisation with Alan Turry, MT-BC
- Orchestrating a Sound Music Therapy Practice with Kathy Murphy, President MAR and Michael Mulligan, Esq.