Joining NJAMT is a great way to stay connected in the field. Check out the great benefits you receive as a member:
Advocacy: A stronger voice through NJAMT! Get up-to-the-minute information regarding any legislation that may impact our field. This is important as we work to gain state recognition of music therapy as well as ensure that our clients continue to have access to our services.
Get involved with the MAR-NJAMT Task Force: on Occupational Regulations to find out what you can do to improve access to music therapy for NJ citizens.
Advertise: your expertise and services to other professionals at a reduced rate.
Networking: Being a member gives you access to colleges throughout the state. Find a supervisor or peer supervision group. Clinical supervisors licensed by NY and PA are right here in your back yard! For new professionals or those new to the area, peer supervision is a great way to improve your clinical work.
Website: The NJAMT website includes information about events happening in our state, job opportunities, updated news and announcement regarding music therapy, special events, and career building tools. Members who wish to have their name and email address posted on the web have easy access to communicate with other music therapists via the web.
Newsletter: NJAMT offers a newsletter that is sent out four times a year. NJAMT News includes columns by executive board officers and committee members, private practice and employment opportunities, a “Spotlight Column” including information about exciting work your colleagues are doing throughout the state, as well as information about upcoming events and continuing education opportunities.
Membership Directory: The NJAMT membership directory includes the names of current members and their contact information (used by permission). This is available to members only.
Discount Rates: By paying dues and becoming a member, this allows NJAMT to offer conferences at a discounted rate. A full day workshop with available CMTE credit each fall that is free to NJAMT members.
Interested in Becoming a Member?
To apply online, please click here.
New To New Jersey?
- Free and discounted continuing education to members
- Discounted advertising on the NJAMT website and in NJAMT News
- A connected community for supervision and peer supervision
- Jobs in the NJ area announced to NJAMT Members only
- New Professional Information
Here are some things you will need to know if you are a new professional:
- Check out the MARAMTS website to find out when the next Passages (Conference specifically created for New Professionals) will be held.
- Be sure to request your Welcome to the Profession Packet from AMTA. You must be a member of AMTA in good standing to receive the packet, to be sure to do this while you still are eligible for the reduced student membership fee.
Here are some things you will need to know if you are new to the MAR Region:
- Be sure you have paid your dues to AMTA and NJAMT
- Request a New Member Packet from MAR Vice President for Membership. If you have moved within NJ, be sure to forward us your new contact information.
Email Barbara Giaquinto, NJAMT’s Membership Coordinator
These are pdf files and require Adobe Reader to view.